In 1960, CLH Developmental Support Services (CLH) began providing supports to both children and adults with developmental support needs. Since that time, CLH has grown to support over 2,000 individuals annually across all ages. CLH currently employs more than 300 employees with an operating budget of approximately $19.5 million. The primary sources of funding are the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS), County of Simcoe and the Ministry of Housing.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Finance will provide strategic leadership and management for all accounting and financial activities of CLH related to cost and general accounting, budgeting, internal financial reporting, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, risk management, audit preparation and all external financial reporting.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly financial statements for review and discussion by the CEO and Board of Directors
- Ensures financial reports, including operating and capital statements are completed in a timely and accurate manner and meets the reporting requirements of various funding and regulatory bodies
- Coordinates yearly financial audit by external auditors. This includes preparation of fiscal year end working papers
- Directs the implementation and maintenance of internal control systems to ensure the security of financial resources. Reviews and revises financial policies and procedures as requested
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of all budgets
- Reviews and monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with approved policies and procedures. Ensures that expenditures are properly documented and authorized. Ensures that all financial transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP
- Examines the financial implications and participates in the budgeting and funding requests of proposed programs; forecasts program expenditures and revenues, analyzes program cost effectiveness and formulates recommendations in consultation with the CEO
- University Degree or greater in Business Administration or Accounting with a strong emphasis on accounting and financial management. CPA or CGA designation preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ related work experience at a management level.
- Extensive knowledge of government reporting requirements in the not-for-profit sector
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff, capable in applying principles of coaching, mentoring and performance management effectively
- Ability to think strategically and operationalize plans
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, follow-up and accuracy coupled with good analytical skills as well as solid business acumen
- Knowledge of payroll systems
- Proven ability to work in collaboration with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Salary Range: $82,095.00 to $92,820.00
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal reference.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit in confidence a detailed resume with a covering letter by no later than 5:00 p.m. August 21, 2019. Please submit a resume and cover letter to Vanessa Dorion at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLH Developmental Support Services (CLH) is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of diversity, dignity and the worth of every person in the workplace. As such, CLH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require any form of accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department so that we can ensure we make the necessary accommodations.