We are presently looking for Full Time Resource Consultants to be based out of Simcoe County. Reporting to the Resource Consultant Supervisor, this enthusiastic professional will provide support to young children with diverse needs and their families, using the primary principle of best practices and Early Intervention. Resource Consultant support can be provided in preschool environments, community locations, licensed childcare, Before and After school programs.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting families in developing an IFSP based on the child’s and the family’s needs
- Provide Consultation support to Childcares and Nursery Schools
- Designing and implementing individual programs based on the IFSP
- Accessing and coordinating appropriate services
- Promoting a positive image of CLH Developmental Support Services within the community.
- The Resource Teacher/Consultants will work as a member of the family’s transdisciplinary team, carry out specific administrative duties and attend case conferences.
- ECE Diploma with Commitment to Attain Resource Teacher Post Graduate Diploma: $25.10-$26.88
- ECE Diploma with Resource Teacher Post Graduate Diploma: $26.89-$28.67
To be considered as a candidate, the successful applicant must have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Early Childhood Education Diploma required. A member in good standing with the College of ECE. Resource Teacher Post Graduate Certificate required or a commitment to complete it within a specified timeframe.
- Experience working with families and children with special needs and a sound knowledge of child development are essential, as well as a firm knowledge of parenting issues. A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children (0-6) with special needs.
- A current, valid “G” driver’s license and access to a car to be used in the course of employment.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Proficiency in both written and verbal French Language skills is considered an asset
- A strong knowledge of and respect for First Nation, Metis and Inuit culture, traditions and practices is considered an asset
This program provides services across Simcoe County.
If this challenge is of interest to you, please click below to complete a prescreen survey and submit your resume and cover letter.
Should you have any further questions, please contact Vanessa Dorion
CLH Developmental Support Services (CLH) is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of diversity, dignity and the worth of every person in the workplace. As such, CLH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require any form of accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department so that we can ensure we make the necessary accommodations.