Reporting to the Resource Consultant Supervisor, this enthusiastic professional will provide support to young children with diverse needs and their families, using the primary principle of best practices and Early Intervention. Resource Consultant support can be provided in preschool environments, community locations, licensed childcare, Before and After school programs.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting families in developing an Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) based on the child’s and the family’s needs
- Provide consultation support to childcare centres and nursery schools
- Designing and implementing individual programs based on the IFSP
- Accessing and coordinating appropriate services
- Promoting a positive image of CLH Developmental Support Services within the community
- The Resource Consultants will work as a member of the family’s transdisciplinary team, carry out specific administrative duties and attend case conferences
To be considered as a candidate, the successful applicant must have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Early Childhood Education Diploma required. A member in good standing with the College of ECE. Resource Consultant Post Graduate Diploma required or a commitment to complete it within a specified timeframe
- Experience working with families and children with special needs and a sound knowledge of child development are essential, as well as a firm knowledge of parenting issues. A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children (0-6) with special needs
- A current, valid “G” driver’s license and access to a car to be used in the course of employment
- Proven ability to work independently
- Demonstrated excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proficiency in both written and verbal skills in a second language, is considered an asset
- A strong knowledge of and respect for First Nation, Métis and Inuit Early Learning environments is considered an asset
- CLH will require as a condition of hire any new to provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 (subject to human rights related accommodation where appropriate) as a term of the offer. A conditionally hired employee will have one week from the date of offer to produce satisfactory proof of vaccination, failing which the offer will be withdrawn and the employee will not be hired.
Hourly compensation of $25.99 with ECE Diploma. Hourly compensation of $27.84 with ECE and Resource Consultant Post Graduate Diploma (or equivalent).
A copy of the full job description is available upon request. This program provides services across Simcoe County.
This program provides services across Simcoe County.
If this challenge is of interest to you, please click below to complete a prescreen survey and submit your resume and cover letter.
Should you have any further questions, please contact Vanessa Dorion
CLH Developmental Support Services (CLH) is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of diversity, dignity and the worth of every person in the workplace. As such, CLH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require any form of accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department so that we can ensure we make the necessary accommodations.