Our Supported Employment Programs assist individuals 18 years of age and over explore/obtain and/or maintain employment opportunities. These programs operate in the Penetanguishene/Midland and surrounding areas and are accessed via the Developmental Services Ontario, Central East Region. Our Support Staff work directly with the individual and the potential employer to ensure mutual satisfaction. We connect potential employers with suitable employees.
For more information about our Supported Employment Programs, please contact Rob Smith.
For Job Seekers
We can help you in a variety of ways; your support may include:
- Pre-employment preparation, including in class and practical work experiences
- On-the-job support
- Ongoing communication with employee/employer as needed
- Support with your job search
- Support with the interview process
- Education and assistance with applying for funds/services that maybe available to you
For Potential Employers
We are able to help you save time and money in recruitment and training costs by providing the following services:
- Provide access to qualified employment candidates
- Pre-screen potential employees and their skill set
- Supervise on-the-job training
- Be a liaison between employer/employee
- Provide seasonal/part-time/casual employees
- Educate employers and your staff on working with people with support needs
One of our two employment staff will provide on-the-job training, assistance with evaluation to facilitate the individual explore/obtain or maintain employment opportunities within the community.
This 8-week program is designed for job seekers to help them prepare for competitive employment. We provide in-class modules on:
- Resume Writing
- Job Search
Included in the 8 week program is on-the-job training placement, and tours of local industries, restaurants and facilities to educate the job seeker in the different types of employment that could be available to them.