Reporting to the Supported Living Homes Supervisor, the Temporary Full Time Program Team Lead will provide a safe, home-like environment for people being supported, and act as the team leader promoting CLH within the community. This is an anticipated 18 month contract.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing a home-like environment for people being supported, ensuring that the individual’s rights are maintained, explained, encouraged and respected.
- Administering medications and/or treatments that are prescribed by a physician and ensuring medical routines and procedures are followed.
- Assisting people being supported in obtaining services within the community, including accompanying individuals to medical appointments, etc.
- Out of town and/or overnight travel may be required to assist people being supported which may include medical appointments or in a supportive role.
- Providing training designed to meet the needs identified through the Person Directed Planning Meeting.
- Performing various administrative duties within specified timeframes such as completing financial, safety, health, medication and property reports.
- Providing a safe environment for individuals by making sure all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Attending training seminars and/or in-services.
- Informing the Supported Living Homes Supervisor of concerns and possible changes to better meet the individual’s needs and/or house needs.
- Providing feedback to external professionals/consultants as a team member.
- Carrying out programs as assigned, such as orienting individuals to the Supported Living Home setting, implementing, monitoring and recording programs and maintaining all required program records.
- Maintaining specified records, such as occurrence book, individual logs, incident reports, behavioural tracking, etc.
- Performing all duties in a responsible and safe manner and providing a safe environment for the individuals we support as well as employees.
- Promoting a positive image of CLH within our community.
To be considered as a candidate, the successful applicant must have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Developmental Services Worker Diploma, required
- Completion of approved Pharmacology Course
- Experience working with individuals with high behavioural needs.
- A current, valid G driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Ontario Ministry of Transportation Driver’s License Abstract
- Copy of valid CPR/AED certificate or proof of enrollment
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screen, no older than 6 months
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Demonstrated excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Proficiency in both written and verbal French Language skills is considered an asset.
Employees receive an additional $3.00 per hour temporary wage enhancement from the government.
CLH will require as a condition of hire any new to provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 (subject to human rights related accommodation where appropriate) as a term of the offer. A conditionally hired employee will have one week from the date of offer to produce satisfactory proof of vaccination, failing which the offer will be withdrawn and the employee will not be hired.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From $25.99 per hour
This posting will close on May 6, 2022 at 5pm.
If this challenge is of interest to you, please submit your resume along with a cover letter describing how you feel you meet the qualifications for this position and submit to: Vanessa Dorion, Human Resources Advisor | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any further questions, please contact Vanessa Dorion
CLH Developmental Support Services (CLH) is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of diversity, dignity and the worth of every person in the workplace. As such, CLH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require any form of accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department so that we can ensure we make the necessary accommodations.