If you have a desire to advocate for others, impact your community, see the possibilities in others and are looking for a career where you can make a difference, then we would like to meet you. CLH Developmental Support Services is a non-profit organization serving Midland and surrounding areas. We are committed to providing quality care and service to individuals with developmental support needs and to their families. Duties may include assistance with finances, support during medical appointments, personal care, household duties, meal preparation, and supporting individuals to make connections within their community. We offer a variety of work schedules (casual, part time, full time), competitive benefits and salary, training and development opportunities, teamwork and diverse roles.
To be considered as a candidate, the successful applicant must have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- A certificate, diploma or degree in the health sciences field which may include, but is not limited to, DSW, SSW, PSW,etc is preferred but not required
- Experience in a supported living home setting providing support for those with developmental support needs is preferred, however is not a requirement
- Availability to work various shifts including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Reliable automobile to be used during the course of employment
- Demonstrated excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Proficiency in both the English and French languages is an asset
- Candidates must have first dose COVID-19 vaccination with second either administered or scheduled
Successful applicants will also be required to provide:
- Class G Driver’s Licence
- A Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Persons Screening (no older than 6 months)
- Ontario Ministry of Transportation Driver’s License Abstract
- Copy of valid CPR/AED certificate or proof of enrollment
- CLH will require as a condition of hire any new to provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 (subject to human rights related accommodation where appropriate) as a term of the offer. A conditionally hired employee will have one week from the date of offer to produce satisfactory proof of vaccination, failing which the offer will be withdrawn and the employee will not be hired.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please complete this prescreen form.
CLH Developmental Support Services (CLH) is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of diversity, dignity and the worth of every person in the workplace. As such, CLH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require any form of accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department so that we can ensure we make the necessary accommodations.